Pupils are encouraged to participate in as wide a variety of sports as possible and to develop a love for competing, doing one’s best, winning or losing well and everything that goes with team participation (working together, achieving a common goal, camaraderie, working through differences and celebrating each other’s highs and lows).
1st Term sports: Cricket, Athletics, Tennis, Swimming, Basketball, Squash, Horse Riding, Adventure Racing, Rock Climbing, Netball
2nd Term sports: Rugby, Hockey, Cross Country, Squash, Horse Riding, Netball
3rd Term sports:Adventure Racing, Tennis, Athletics, Soccer, Horse Riding
4th Term sports:Cricket, Athletics, Tennis, Water Polo, Basketball, Squash, Horse Riding
Adventure Racing, Rock Climbing
Over the years Treverton, has consistently been one of the top Schools within the Co-ed Natal Midlands League. It has produced many top sportsmen and sportswomen, and deserving and able pupils are given every opportunity to participate at Provincial and National level.
Recent sporting highlights:
- Treverton athletes brought home 6 gold, 4 silver and 3 bronze medals from the KZN Youth Champs.
- 4 athletes qualified for SA Champs.
- Treverton athletes have won the Annual Co-Ed Athletics for 11 successive years.
- For 10 consecutive years, Treverton has won the Co-ed Midlands Invitational Gala
- Lebo Mdakane was selected for the KZN Academy Country Districts Rugby team
- 8 girls have been selected to represented KZN for hockey in 2014
1st team cricket season:
- Breaking all the records
- 5 out of 5 wins at Alex Cricket week
- Sunfoil Night League champions
- Andrew Tilbury and Don Paterson selected for the KZN Schools Invitational X1 and nominated for the Presidents X1
- Tristan Pickering selected for U19 Presidents X1
- Craig Warren U17 Presidents X1 and KZN Inlands Winter Squad
- Danielle Warren selected to represent the Girls KZN-Inland U19 Cricket Team
- Most runs, wickets, 1st team caps
- 94% win rate
- Top Co-Ed swimming school in the Midlands and Pietermaritzburg area.
Girls take part in hockey, water polo, indoor hockey, swimming and tennis against the following A-League Schools: St Anne’s, St Johns, Epworth, Girls High School, Carter High, Voortrekker High and Howick.
Boys play basketball, hockey, soccer, cricket, squash and rugby and compete regularly against schools such as St Charles, Linpark, MCS, Carter High, Howick, ECA, Hilton, Maritzburg College, Michaelhouse, Greytown, Weston, Thomas More, Alex High, St Henry’s, Estcourt and Wartburg.
Treverton frequently hosts interprovincial tournaments.
The College holds an annual Easter Sports Festival and this year the 7th festival saw 18 schools and over 900 participants participating in 4 sporting codes: Rugby, Boys and Girls Hockey, Golf and Netball.
Overseas tours are also arranged, the most recent of which was a rugby tour of Italy.
The three sports houses Campbell (Red), Jonsson (Blue) and Harland (Yellow) compete anually in a range of events for the much-coveted Inter-house Trophy.