Treverton is an independent Christian school, situated on a unique, 270-hectare campus in the heart of the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands. Treverton caters for boys and girls from Grades 000 to 12 and Post-Matric and strives to provide a balanced all-round quality education based on a strong Christian foundation.
The Board of Governors of Treverton invites applications for the position of Bursar.
The Bursar is a senior management position, and is a member of the Treverton Headcom, a committee that is responsible for the implementation of the strategic objectives of the Board of Governors.
- The management of all financial, business and operational functions of the school.
- General management of administrative and human resources matters.
- Management of Occupational Health and Safety compliance.
- The management of all Employment Equity requirements.
- Compliance with all legislative requirements affecting school activities.
Requirements of the Position
- In terms of the Treverton Trust Deed, staff constituting Headcom shall be committed Christians and members of good standing of a Christian church and shall be required to assent, in writing, to the Statement of Belief.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in school financial departments and will have excellent knowledge of accounting and financial management principles.
- Must have a B.Com. or similar accounting qualification.
- Have relevant experience with accounting and payroll software and MS Excel and will be able to manage all aspects of a school’s financial operation.
- An ability to work under pressure, with precision.
- Be a dynamic leader with strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong organizational, administrative and communication ability relevant to this position.
- An ability to work well with staff and parents in a school environment.
Remuneration: a package commensurate with the position and relevant qualifications and experience will be negotiated during the recruitment process.
Letters of application for the post, accompanied by a full Curriculum Vitae and the names of three contactable referees, one of which is to be your church minister, must be emailed to the Board Chair, Mrs. Debbie Davidson, at the address below.